Gone are the days when the avocado toast is a unique discovery – something that you will be proud to share with your family and friends. Due to its internet popularity, the avocado toast became the favorite breakfast choice this season. If you haven’t tried it at home, you have probably seen it on your Instagram or Facebook news feed.
Thanks to famous avocado lovers like Gwyneth Paltrow, this yummy toast easily rose to stardom. According to Google Trends, searches for avocado toast recipes have increased by 31 percent since the beginning of summer. So why do celebrities and health buffs love the avocado toast?
An avocado toast is simply a piece of whole wheat bread topped with sliced or smashed avocado. It is very easy and quick to prepare. Also, it is a good source of energy. Each piece can make you feel full for 3-5 hours, just enough to keep you active before your school or office lunch break.
Avocados contain protein, fiber, and healthy mono-saturated fat which are good for body builders and gym goers. This fruit is also rich in nutrients like vitamins B, C, E, K and potassium. With its high nutritional value, this fruit is truly a must-eat for health buffs.
If you haven’t tried this famous toast, you can try a simple recipe or be a bit creative with your choice of toppings. Here are five fun and delicious ways to enjoy your avocado toast:
- Spice and Everything Nice – Common recipes for avocado toasts use red pepper flakes,
basil, and other spices as toppings. For a twist, try to use sweeter spices, such as cinnamon and nutmeg, on your toasts.
- Go Nuts – Nuts are also good sources of healthy fats. You can add almonds or pecans to your toast, and then drizzle it with olive oil.
- Merry Berries – Berries are good sources of vitamins and antioxidants. For a sweet breakfast, you can add slices of blackberries or strawberries to your toasts. If you are trying to gain weight, you can also add whip cream to this recipe.
- Sweet and Spicy – Sometimes, you just need something hot to wake your senses in the morning. Adding hot sauce and fresh orange or lemon zest to your toast can keep you alert, alive, and awake all day.
- So Cheesy – Feta cheese and cream cheese really taste great on avocado toasts. You can also put bacon bits on top of your cheesy toast to add more flavor and texture.
- Corny Tops – Have canned corn kernels or left over corn salad? You can also use them as toppings for your toast. Just add lime or lemon zest to enhance the flavor.
- Tomato Madness – There is no doubt that tomatoes are really good for your body, especially for your heart. Just chop cherry tomatoes and put it on top of your toasts. You can also add basil, red onions, and black pepper.
Indeed there are lots of ways to enjoy your favorite avocado toast. To make sure that you are making premium toasts, only use fresh avocados and buy freshly baked whole wheat breads from bakeries like Publix.